local_shipping Spend over €10 for free home delivery  place2 Hour Click & Collect Service Available

The Rule Wynn and Rule (Edmonton) architectural drawings

by Linda M. Fraser | 30 March 1997
SPIRAL BOUND
Category: Architecture
In 1938, John Rule and Gordon Wynn established their firm, which eventually became one of the leading architectural practices in western Canada. John's brother, Peter Rule, joined the firm in the following year. With offices in both Edmonton and Calgary, the firm achieved some success in institutional commissions, such as schools and hospital renovations. After the war, Rule Wynn and Rule were commissioned to do the headquarters for the Greyhound Buslines Terminals in Calgary, Winnipeg, Lethbridge, Fort MacLeod, Kingsgate, B.C., and Edmonton. During the 1950s, the firm designed a number of significant office buildings in Calgary as well as the Rutherford Library at the University of Alberta and the Rialto Theatre, the Weston Bread factory and the AGT (Alberta Government Telephones) building in Edmonton. They also designed the original buildings for the Banff Centre. The holdings of the Canadian Architectural Archives focus on the architecture of twentieth-century Canada and the work of its outstanding architects.
€27.30
81 Reward Points
Currently out of stock
Delivery 5-7 Days
Eligible for free delivery

Any purchases for more than €10 are eligible for free delivery anywhere in the UK or Ireland!

In 1938, John Rule and Gordon Wynn established their firm, which eventually became one of the leading architectural practices in western Canada. John's brother, Peter Rule, joined the firm in the following year. With offices in both Edmonton and Calgary, the firm achieved some success in institutional commissions, such as schools and hospital renovations. After the war, Rule Wynn and Rule were commissioned to do the headquarters for the Greyhound Buslines Terminals in Calgary, Winnipeg, Lethbridge, Fort MacLeod, Kingsgate, B.C., and Edmonton. During the 1950s, the firm designed a number of significant office buildings in Calgary as well as the Rutherford Library at the University of Alberta and the Rialto Theatre, the Weston Bread factory and the AGT (Alberta Government Telephones) building in Edmonton. They also designed the original buildings for the Banff Centre. The holdings of the Canadian Architectural Archives focus on the architecture of twentieth-century Canada and the work of its outstanding architects.
Currently out of stock
Delivery 5-7 Days
Eligible for free delivery
81 Reward Points

Any purchases for more than €10 are eligible for free delivery anywhere in the UK or Ireland!

€27.30
Currently out of stock
Delivery 5-7 Days
Eligible for free delivery
81 Reward Points

Any purchases for more than €10 are eligible for free delivery anywhere in the UK or Ireland!

Product Description

In 1938, John Rule and Gordon Wynn established their firm, which eventually became one of the leading architectural practices in western Canada. John's brother, Peter Rule, joined the firm in the following year. With offices in both Edmonton and Calgary, the firm achieved some success in institutional commissions, such as schools and hospital renovations. After the war, Rule Wynn and Rule were commissioned to do the headquarters for the Greyhound Buslines Terminals in Calgary, Winnipeg, Lethbridge, Fort MacLeod, Kingsgate, B.C., and Edmonton. During the 1950s, the firm designed a number of significant office buildings in Calgary as well as the Rutherford Library at the University of Alberta and the Rialto Theatre, the Weston Bread factory and the AGT (Alberta Government Telephones) building in Edmonton. They also designed the original buildings for the Banff Centre. The holdings of the Canadian Architectural Archives focus on the architecture of twentieth-century Canada and the work of its outstanding architects.

Product Details

The Rule Wynn and Rule (Edmonton) architectural drawings

ISBN9781895176810

FormatSPIRAL BOUND

Publisher (30 March. 1997)

No. of Pages334

Weight864

Language English (United States)

Dimensions 275 x 233