WIN a €50 eVoucher - Sign up to the newsletter | Free Delivery over €10 - Last Orders 19thmotionmailapp.com

Edinburgh's festival and King's Theatres through time

by Jack Gillon | 15 June 2016
Category: Performing Arts
The Festival and King's Theatres are two of Scotland's most historic theatrical venues and both have their own engrossing stories to tell. This book highlights their milestone moments and recollects the innumerable celebrated performers that created the legacies of the theatres. The King's Theatre, the 'Grand Old Lady of Leven Street', first opened its magnificent art nouveau doors to welcome the public into its sumptuously decorated auditorium in December 1906. The opening-night show was a festive production of the pantomime Cinderella, and the panto tradition has continued at the King's ever since. The glass frontage of the Festival Theatre forms a glowing night-time landmark on Nicolson Street, and encloses a magnificent auditorium which dates back to 1928. It stands on Edinburgh's longest continuous theatre site, dating as far back as 1830. This book traces the history of the site from its earliest days, through its time as the Empire Palace, its reconstruction as the Empire and its final transformation into the Festival Theatre.
€20.99
62 Reward Points
Currently out of stock
Delivery 5-7 Days
Eligible for free delivery

Any purchases for more than €10 are eligible for free delivery anywhere in the UK or Ireland!

The Festival and King's Theatres are two of Scotland's most historic theatrical venues and both have their own engrossing stories to tell. This book highlights their milestone moments and recollects the innumerable celebrated performers that created the legacies of the theatres. The King's Theatre, the 'Grand Old Lady of Leven Street', first opened its magnificent art nouveau doors to welcome the public into its sumptuously decorated auditorium in December 1906. The opening-night show was a festive production of the pantomime Cinderella, and the panto tradition has continued at the King's ever since. The glass frontage of the Festival Theatre forms a glowing night-time landmark on Nicolson Street, and encloses a magnificent auditorium which dates back to 1928. It stands on Edinburgh's longest continuous theatre site, dating as far back as 1830. This book traces the history of the site from its earliest days, through its time as the Empire Palace, its reconstruction as the Empire and its final transformation into the Festival Theatre.
Currently out of stock
Delivery 5-7 Days
Eligible for free delivery
62 Reward Points

Any purchases for more than €10 are eligible for free delivery anywhere in the UK or Ireland!

€20.99
Currently out of stock
Delivery 5-7 Days
Eligible for free delivery
62 Reward Points

Any purchases for more than €10 are eligible for free delivery anywhere in the UK or Ireland!

Product Description

The Festival and King's Theatres are two of Scotland's most historic theatrical venues and both have their own engrossing stories to tell. This book highlights their milestone moments and recollects the innumerable celebrated performers that created the legacies of the theatres. The King's Theatre, the 'Grand Old Lady of Leven Street', first opened its magnificent art nouveau doors to welcome the public into its sumptuously decorated auditorium in December 1906. The opening-night show was a festive production of the pantomime Cinderella, and the panto tradition has continued at the King's ever since. The glass frontage of the Festival Theatre forms a glowing night-time landmark on Nicolson Street, and encloses a magnificent auditorium which dates back to 1928. It stands on Edinburgh's longest continuous theatre site, dating as far back as 1830. This book traces the history of the site from its earliest days, through its time as the Empire Palace, its reconstruction as the Empire and its final transformation into the Festival Theatre.

Product Details

Edinburgh's festival and King's Theatres through time

ISBN9781445654607

Format

Publisher (15 June. 2016)

No. of Pages96

Weight304

Language English (United States)

Dimensions 234 x 165 x 9