HALLOWEEN FLASH SALE | 25% OFF ALMOST EVERYTHING* USE PROMO CODEHALLOW25 | SPEND €10 FOR FREE DELIVERY (ONLINE OFFER ONLY)
The CHOCOLATE FACTORY, Dublin, October 7th at 6.30 pm
Join the Second Captains Podcast and Richie Sadlier for a very special event on 7th October at 6.30 p.m. to mark the launch of his new book Recovering written with Dion Fanning. In the intimate venue of the Chocolate Factory in Dublin’s city Centre, Richie will speak about his life and the path he took to where he is now.
Tickets are available to purchase online - BOOK TICKETS HERE
A former sports star turned pundit, psychotherapist, columnist, and now author, Richie Sadlier is one of Ireland’s most trusted voices in both the Irish sporting and mental-health arenas. Richie has spoken about his struggles with alcohol and mental health in the past. Now in Recovering Richie reveals with unflinching honesty just what it took to face his demons and begin the road to recovery.
Richie grew up a sporting prodigy in Ballinteer, County Dublin, before being propelled into the party lifestyle that came with being a young, professional soccer player. When a career-ending injury saw the former Ireland and Millwall striker retire from football aged just 24, his life spiralled out of control. An unexpected lack of structure and purpose fuelled a dependency on drugs and alcohol, which Richie used to mask the dark feelings he had been running from for years.
Written in conjunction with Dion Fanning, in Recovering, Richie reflects on his childhood, the lifestyle of professional soccer players, what happens when it ends overnight and how he recovered from it all – told through the lens of the road he has taken since, pursuing a career in psychotherapy, and the insight this has brought him.
Of writing the book, Richie says: ‘I’ve written about parts of my life that I never thought I’d say out loud, let alone put in a book for the nation to read. It’s been an incredibly difficult experience revisiting some of my past difficulties, but I’ve spent a number of years promoting more openness and frankness in how we discuss various topics, so I figured the least I could do is be completely honest myself.’
Recovering is both an inspiring memoir of a life shaped by efforts to escape and an important reflection on Irish society. Ultimately, Recovering is a book about how it is possible to rebuild a life, piece by piece, with the right help.
EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Your ticket entitles you to entry to Eason and The Second Captains Present: Richie Saldier along with one pre-signed copy of "Recovering".
• The event will commence at 6.30pm in The Chocolate Factory, Dublin on October 7th.
• Tickets are €22.99 and are available to purchase on www.easons.com. Those without tickets will be turned away.
• Max of four tickets per order.
• Early arrivals will be turned away. Anyone arriving to the venue earlier than 5.30 pm will be asked to return at the time mentioned.
• Latecomers may be refused admission.
• Should you not receive your email confirmation please contact email@example.com.
• Tickets shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any person, commercial agent, company or otherwise than directly by the applicant from Eason.
• Any tickets advertised for sale will be void.
• Recording and photography at this event is strictly prohibited.
• Please note the event may be filmed, as an attendee you consent to footage of you being used for promotional purposes.
• Anyone under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult. All attendees must have a ticket.
• Management have the right to refuse entry or remove anyone who does not comply with these rules or who fails to follow reasonable instructions on the day.
• We cannot replace any lost tickets.
• Tickets are only valid for the date and location stated on the ticket.
• Unfortunately, due to the unique element of this event we cannot reserve or have copies signed for those unable to attend on the day.
• Seating at each of the venues is based on a first come first served basis.
• Due to the nature of the event, the end time will be determined by the promoters on the day. We anticipate a maximum event duration of two hours.
• Must produce your ticket to gain entry to the event.
• Eason reserve the right to amend or cancel this event without notice.
• If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.