Join Niamh Fitzpatrick and guests for an online exclusive, ticket-only conservation to mark the publication of her book, this year’s most inspirational memoir, "Tell me the truth about loss". Niamh will be joined by host Anton Savage, and panellists, Stephen Rochford and Liam Griffin to talk about overcoming the worst of times and discovering your inner resilience. The event will conclude with a live Q & A where Niamh will answer as many of your questions as possible from her twitter account (https://twitter.com/NFitzPsychology). The event will commence at 7.00pm, on Wednesday 30th September. Tickets are free and a link to this online event will be emailed to ticketholders on Sept 30th.
In March 2017, Niamh Fitzpatrick’s life fell apart overnight. Her beloved sister Dara was killed in a helicopter crash. Soon afterwards, Niamh’s marriage disintegrated, and she feared she would lose her house. A psychologist for many years, Niamh had to draw on everything she had learned as she journeyed through staggering loss, grief and the worst of times, finding hope along the way.
In the wake of the Covid 19 Pandemic we are all suffering loss to some degree. Drawing on their own experiences and specialist skills Niamh and her panel will host a conversation designed to help us navigate testing times when life isn’t turning out as we expect it to.
Niamh says ‘I have learned an important truth: grief is not just about death, it’s about change and what we lose when things change. It’s the old life that we knew gone for ever and a new one in its place. We can encounter grief in many different situations and it’s important to give ourselves permission to grieve for all such losses. It’s a horribly difficult challenge, but it also throws up important lessons and important realisations about yourself and what exactly you’re capable of doing. Through this event and my book I want to pass on my truth about loss in the hope that it might be of use to someone else trying to figure out their own experience of loss and grief.’
Topics covered will include:
• Navigating the wide range of emotions associated with loss: Anger. Rage. Bewilderment. Loneliness. Numbness. Guilt. Confusion. Exhaustion. Intense, bone-deep sorrow.
• Learning it’s enough to just live through loss and not beat yourself up if you’re ‘not doing well at it’
• Dealing with loss of work, a business
• Managing others loss when you are feeling it too
Sharing essential wisdom and advice for accepting, adapting and adjusting, whatever the loss you have experienced, this will be an essential conversation for anyone living through great change and figuring out how to live a new life when you were perfectly happy with your old life and you just want it back.
• Your ticket entitles you access to the following online event, Eason & Gill Books Present - Tell Me The Truth About Loss - Dealing with loss in life, business and sport. The event will commence at 7pm, on Wednesday 30th September. Tickets are free.
• Ticketholders will receive a link to the event an hour before it goes live on September 30th.
• The event will be premiered on Eason YouTube.
• Those without tickets will not be able to gain access.
• Max of six tickets per order.
• Should you not receive your email confirmation or link to the event on Sept 30th please contact email@example.com
• Tickets shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any person, commercial agent, company or otherwise than directly by the applicant from Eason.
• Any tickets advertised for sale will be void.
• Tickets are only valid for the date and event stated on the ticket.
• Due to the nature of the event, the end time will be determined by the promoters on the day.
• Recording of this event is strictly prohibited.
• All attendees must have a ticket.
• You must click on the link sent to you via email to gain access to the event.
• Eason reserve the right to amend or cancel this event without notice.
• If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org