Meet Imelda May at Eason, O'Connell Street, Dublin on Saturday November 6th where she will be signing copies of "A Lick and a Promise".
*Please note if you pre-ordered the book “A Lick and a Promise” online at easons.com before publication date of October 28th we have limited spaces available for you to meet Imelda and get your book signed. Please contact [email protected] if you wish to avail of these slots which will be allocated on a first come basis.
A Lick and a Promise is the debut poetry collection of one of Ireland’s most famed female musicians, Imelda May. Following the release of her first poetry EP Slip Of The Tongue in 2020, this collection contains 100 poems, including two each from both her father and young daughter. Using the themes of Breast, Below, Blood, Eyes, Tongue and Temple, the poems are written in May’s absorbing, visceral style and encapsulate heartbreak, sex, nature and womanhood. Included in the collection is ‘You Don’t Get to be Racist and Irish’, the powerful poem which was written in support of the Black Lives Matter movement and was recently used by Rethink Ireland campaign.
EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Your ticket (€19.99) entitles you to one copy of "A Lick and a Promise" (RRP €19.99) plus a place in the queue to get your book signed by Imelda. You will receive your copy of the book at the event. Masks must be worn while in the store and social distancing guidelines adhered to at all times.
• Please note if you pre-ordered the book “A Lick and a Promise” online at easons.com before publication date of October 28th we have limited spaces available for you to meet Imelda and get your book signed. Please contact [email protected] if you wish to avail of these slots which will be allocated on a first come basis.
• There will be a number of time slots for this book signing on November 6th. You must attend at the time slot booked. Due to Covid capacity restrictions and social distancing it is really important you are at the store to join the queue at your allocated time.
• Due to the anticipated high turn-out, please come prepared to queue for a short period of time (Bring rain jackets!) – we will aim to keep you updated on your waiting time. Please enter the store via our Abbey St. entrance and make your way to the queue entrance point.
• To avoid disappointment, we advise you not to arrive any later than the time advertised for the signing. If you arrive outside of this time we will do our absolute best to accommodate but cannot guarantee your place in the queue.
• You will receive your copy of the book at Eason, O'Connell Street, Dublin on November 6th 2021.
• Max of four tickets per order.
• Early arrivals will be turned away to ensure compliance with covid capacity guidelines. Anyone arriving to the venue earlier than ten minutes before the start time will be asked to return at the time mentioned on their ticket.
• Should you not receive your email confirmation please contact [email protected] quoting your booking reference.
• Tickets shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any person, commercial agent, company or otherwise than directly by the applicant from Eason.
• Any tickets advertised for sale will be void. Tickets are non-transferable.
• Please note the event may be filmed and photographed, as an attendee you consent to footage/images of you being used for promotional purposes
• Imelda will be only signing copies of “A Lick and a Promise" on the day. Strictly no additional merchandise will be signed.
• A team member will be on hand to take one socially distanced photo of you and Imelda on your personal mobile device while your book is being signed.
• Anyone under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult. Any accompanying adults (aged 18+ and may be asked for ID) will not require a ticket. Due to time and capacity limitations each child can strictly only be accompanied by one parent/guardian.
• Management has the right to refuse entry or remove anyone who does not comply with these rules or who fails to follow reasonable instructions on the day.
• We cannot replace any lost tickets so please make sure they are saved on your phone OR printed out.
• Tickets are only valid for the date, location and time stated on the ticket.
• Unfortunately, due to the unique element of this event we cannot reserve or have copies signed for those unable to attend on the day.
• Due to the nature of the event, the end time will be determined by the promoters on the day.
• You must produce your ticket to gain entry to the signing queue.
• Eason reserve the right to amend or cancel this signing without notice.
• All Covid 19 controls in place must be adhered to.
• If you have any queries, please contact [email protected].